Translate

19 July 2019

SPIKE69 Part two

Street Painting Team meets .....Rap and Graffiti artist creator of Fullcolor.gr,


Part Two: SPIKE69 on Art and Rap music.                  (VIDEOS)




The music brought the Graffiti or Graffiti brought the music?

First i had attracted to the Graffiti but nearly they came together. Where we said a rhyme to tease our friend, we say two, we say three and we started making couple. The first lyrics I wrote was  for fun ... we were kids.

Spike69 - Xamogela mourgo (OFFICIAL CLIP)

In 2000, when my best friend  LEVEL69 died in a motorcycle accident, we decided with another  friend (REMIX69 from U.N.R.) from the school to write a song to his memory, in a cassette to carry on his “journey”. The name of my first CD was 'SUPERIOR LEVEL'.               On the way I met Paraxenos  from “Paragontes” and in fact he put me in and i made my first recording in studio.

Ρεμίξ συμμ. Spike69 - ΑΟΡΑΤΟ ΔΑΚΡΥ (OFFICIAL VIDEO CLIP)

Why you write?

I write more selfishly, for myself and my environment. As time passed, I began to write as an observer .  I neither judge nor admire, I just record. This is now the Social Rap I create. Issues that pass by in front of me and I'll remember, , either because they shocked me, or because they were worrying me or disappointed me ... they created a feeling and I wrote about them.

Spike69 "Γράμμα στο αύριο" (OFFICIAL VIDEOCLIP)



The lyrics in the songs are always yours;

Each Rapper writes and interprets himself, Rap has this difference with other kinds of music. In Rap is a duty to interpret it yourself what you feel.


The production of the cds is made by us the creators, there is no company, everything is done by a group of friends  everyone contributes with their potential to complete the project and videos. So we all lose something to do what we love, but if we do not lose , we do not succeed anything.

2018
Did you travel with the music?

... and Graffiti! For my good luck, the  three things I love from a young age, Graffiti's music and travels combine. In each country the Hip Hop community operates almost always with the same codes, whenever you go abroad to interact with other artists of the same space, you are in a familiar environment . Sharing ideas and engaging with people who share the same interests often makes you better.

Spike69 feat. Latino Records - Profesionales (OFFICIAL CLIP)



You do not choose to interpret French verse often.

I have written 5-6 songs and always even in the live concerts, everyone is telling me "Say it in French"  - Okay, I'll tell you , will you  understand what i say? But , isn't it a pity you won't understand nothing? Since I live here and my audience are Greeks, i must tell them to understand.

Spike69 - Μικρόκοσμος (OFFICIAL CLIP)



Your last cd under the title "XA MAS " how did you use this expression ?.

I searched a long time for the name. Using the phrase "Xa' sou" you will mean that is "Your right" it comes out of the Power that you have in yourself.  That the decision is yours in what you do, but the consequences of your choice go along! The  cover artwork has been done by W.D. and depicts an anthropomorphic character along with the tiger within it.

¨ΞΑ ΜΑΣ¨
Tell us about the Youth Center Project.

Around 2013 we made the papers to be legal "Organization",then  was born the idea of the Youth Center Project. A multipurpose place that includes Graffiti, Rap music and recordings, dj, freestyles, what we love and we know to support. Something  that Europeans have for years. 

Fullcolor Youth Center Project
We are talking about a place that will involve children, tools scaffolding and will have security measures but will provide freedom of expression without problems. Especially in the city, even the swings and squares have no security anymore and the children are locked in flats in front of a screen. Instead of riding motorbikes without a helmet, it's nice to come there to meet a couple of friends to paint and do something creative. It's not the solution to all the problems but definitely an alternative .





At what stage is this Project now?

Unfortunately, it is kind of stagnant. There is a need for general mobilization and not just sponsorship. The big problem is to find the place. We, like Fullcolor went to Municipalities ... but they do not care about the idea, because no one has time for such things and everyone wants something  that will make a profit out of it. Our idea is to be free of charge and to have partnerships which will be sharing services. 


Fullcolor Youth Center Project

 For example, having abandoned factories in the center of Athens and staying  like this for years is not nice, either  to the environment, nor does the Municipality show any goal for the youth . What we are initially asking  for, is the allocation of such a space. We know how to stand we know about the materials and find sponsors.

Fullcolor Festival - CNN Greece




What are your future plans ?

For me it is vital to continue to go out to paint. . I'm preparing and writing for my next  cd, which is at an early stage. So in music and Graffiti I declare  Active. I will continue to paint because It makes me good, I know that the spray in my nostrils not do any good, but the effect, the duration, the thing  that couple of friends we’ll be gather to share our news,  this keeps me "awake".

Spike69 discography:
2000- Superior level
2003- '' So simple ''
2004 - '' Pollution ''
Το 2005 - Spike69 and friends.
Το 2008-  "Μen ton Mposo"
2010 -''I Póli P''.
19/5000
2010 - '' The City P ''
2017 –“ 'Xa Μas”
  
Fullcolor Youth Center Project                             SPIKE69

Read Part One:   SPIKE69 on Art and Graffiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment